Any UK public document can be ‘legalised’ by asking the UK government to confirm that a UK public official’s signature, seal or stamp on the document is genuine. This might be needed to if a local authority abroad has asked for the provision of a document and they’ve said it must be ‘legalised’. The BAC is recognised by the UK Government for this purpose i.e. if you possess an education certificate from a BAC accredited provider, the UK government will consider confirmation of its authenticity.

Please visit the UK Government website for more information.