Frequently Asked Questions

In this section you can find the answer to some of the questions most commonly asked by students.

You can check our list of accredited providers here.
BAC accreditation is a voluntary mark of quality; there is no legal requirement for a provider to have accreditation.  However, those that have chosen to undergo the accreditation process have the standard of their premises, staffing, teaching and student welfare inspected and approved. Providers are regularly inspected to ensure that they continue to meet our high standards. Please see our section on accreditation for details of these standards. However, a provider may be inspected or reviewed by another body, such as an Educational Oversight body or Accreditation UK. All of these quality marks are voluntary for providers, although institutions without Educational Oversight from a Home Office-approved body will be unable to sponsor students under the Tier 4 visa system.
Accredited providers undergo a full inspection at least every four years to renew their accreditation. Providers also undergo an interim inspection approximately halfway through this period. In addition, BAC will carry out an inspection if there are significant changes to an institution’s senior staff, provision or premises. Additionally, spot check inspections are carried out at random or may be initiated if concerns are raised.
BAC-accredited institutions offer a huge range of subjects, including – but not limited to – accounting, business courses, travel and hospitality, flower arranging, spiritual development, management, ICT, health and social care, alternative therapies and security. Please see our directory for a full list of accredited institutions and the subject areas they offer.
Yes, see our complaints page here for more information. We will pursue complaints against BAC-accredited providers where sufficient evidence is provided by the student. Once you have all the required documentation, please send it to BAC’s offices by post or email.

Unfortunately, BAC cannot pursue complaints made against providers which are not BAC-accredited. You may wish to check if the institution is inspected or reviewed by another body such as ASIC, Accreditation UK, ISI, Ofsted or QAA, in which case they may be able to pursue your complaint.

Once you have provided sufficient documentation, BAC will write to the provider to discuss your complaint and consider their response. Further correspondence may be necessary, depending on the circumstances of the case. Wherever possible we will try to facilitate a satisfactory resolution for all sides. However, please be aware that BAC is not able to legally require a provider to repay fees.
An awarding body validates or approves courses and qualifications. It may also administer examinations and assessments, and may provide students with certificates. BAC inspects and then accredits the institution as a whole if it meets our standards.
BAC is not an awarding body and we cannot provide you with a transcript or certificate. You may wish to contact the institution you studied at or the relevant exam board or awarding body.
No, but you may be able to apply for a course that is less than six months (26 weeks) long on a Short Term Study Visa.
The UK Council for International Student Affairs (UKCISA) has produced some helpful guidance on this.  Please see their website for more information.