On this page, the BAC directory lists all accredited providers and their two most recent inspection reports. To find an institution, you can search by the name of the institution, location or type of accreditation scheme.
Click on the links for further information on historically accredited providers or unsuccessful new applications following inspection.
Institute for Optimum Nutrition
College accredited since 29/11/2018
Head of Institution
020 8614 7800
The Institute of Optimum Nutrition (ION) offers courses from Levels 4 to 6 validated by the University of Portsmouth. Such courses include:
• Cert HE in Personalised Diet and Health (Level 4)
• BSc (Hons) Nutritional Therapy (entry to level 6 of the degree with advance standing is available to qualified practitioners)
• Graduate Diploma in Integrative Functional Nutrition, with or without Clinical Practice (Level 6).
The BSc (Hons) Nutritional Therapy and Graduate Diploma in Integrative Functional Nutrition are accredited through the (NTEC) Nutritional Therapy Education Council of the United Kingdom.
The Institute also offers Nutritional Therapy Science Access Course (Level 3), and a range of credit bearing and non-credit bearing short courses (level 4 and level 6) validated by the University of Portsmouth:
• Diet and Health (Level 4)
• Functional Nutrition (Level 6)
• Modulation of Neuroendocrine Function (Level 6, 20 Credits),
• Modulation of Detoxification and Gastrointestinal Function (Level 6, 20 Credits),
• Modulation of Cardiometabolic Function (Level 6, 20 Credits),
• Modulation of Immune Function (Level 6, 20 Credits),
• Behaviour Change in Nutrition and Lifestyle Practice (Level 6, 20 Credits)
• Clinical Practice (Level 6, 20 credits)
• Business and Career Planning (Level 6, 20 credits).
• Models of Nutrition and Lifestyle Practice (Level 6, 40 credits)
• Research Skills (Level 6, 20 credits).
Courses are offered full- and part-time, online, with some additional optional in-person attendance. Continuing Professional Development (CPD) courses are also available throughout the year.
Institute for Optimum Nutrition - Full Inspection Report - September 2018
Institute for Optimum Nutrition - Interim Inspection Report - November 2019