The Short-Term Study Visa route is designed by the UKVI for the migration of students from outside the European Economic Area (EEA) who want to undertake a short course of study in the United Kingdom (such as a beginner’s English language course, CPD or a work-related training course).

Student visitors are allowed to come to the UK for six months (or 11 months if they will be studying an English language course). Full details of the Short-Term Study Visa route can be found on the UKVI’s website, along with the sponsor requirements.

The UK Council for International Student Affairs (UKCISA) provides guidance on the procedures a student should follow in order to enter the UK on a Short-Term Study Visa, including details of who must apply for entry clearance before travelling to the UK.

The British Accreditation Council is one of the approved accreditation bodies for Short-Term Study Visa purposes. This means that BAC accreditation will enable your institution to sponsor non-EEA students via this route.

Once your institution gains accreditation with us, we will provide you with the relevant certificate of accreditation. Your institution will be listed on our website in our directory of accredited providers. You will be asked to check that this listing is accurate when accreditation is advised.

We advise accredited institutions that should UKVI require proof of their BAC accreditation that they should only send copies (you should always keep the original).

When the UKVI receive notification of a student visitor they would normally then check the directory of accredited providers on our website to verify that your institution is listed.