The UK application, inspection and annual accreditation fees are listed on this page. For overseas fees please contact the BAC office.
The fees on this page for for the 2018/19 fees. More detailed information about the fees is available in our fees brochure, which can be downloaded using the fees brochure link.
- College, Short Course Provider and Online, Blended and Distance Learning Schemes: £2300 (£500 non-refundable application fee plus £1800 inspection management fee)
- Independent Higher Education Scheme: £2500 (£500 non-refundable application fee plus £2000 inspection management fee)
- All full inspections for College, Short Course Provider and Online, Blended and Distance Learning Schemes e.g Candidacy, Stage 3, full accreditation or re-accreditation: This is a variable fee depending on the number of days and inspectors required. The fees start at £785 per inspector per day
- All full inspections for Independent Higher Education Scheme e.g full accreditation or re-accreditation: This is a variable fee depending on the number of days and inspectors required. The fees start at £2,705 for two inspectors for one day
- Supplementary inspection (full day): £900
- Supplementary inspection (half day): £700
- Interim inspection: £900
- Spot check: £900 (no fee if institution selected at random for routine monitoring)
- Probation review inspection inspection, mid-way and end of probation (full day): £900
- Probation review inspection inspection, mid-way and end of probation (half day): £700
- Cancellation of inspection with less than four weeks’ notice: £100 per inspector per day (plus any expenses already incurred)
- Appeal hearing: £1500 (to be refunded if appeal is not dismissed)
Other BAC fees
Notes on fees:
- The annual accreditation fee is payable by all accredited institutions and approved candidates for accreditation.
- A pro-rata accreditation fee is payable by institutions awarded accreditation or approved as candidates for accreditation during the year.
- There is a nominal fee for replacement of certificates.
- Fees are subject to possible change every September.
Colleges and Independent HE institutions
- Unit fee (£ per FTE student): £14.42
- Minimum annual fee cap: £1,442
- Maximum annual fee cap: £8000
Short course providers
- Unit fee (£ per course day): £16.48
- Minimum annual fee cap: £412
- Maximum annual fee cap: £3,872.80
Online, distance and blended learning providers
- Up to 3000 enrolled students: £1,545
- 3001-8000 enrolled students: £2,575
- Over 8,000 enrolled students: £3,296
UK providers wishing to deliver courses overseas
UK provision charged as above, with additional surcharge for international delivery of:
- Unit fee (per student/course day): £16.48
- Minimum fee cap (100 students): £412
- Maximum fee cap: £3,872.80