The application, inspection and annual accreditation fees are listed on this page, for institutions based outside of the UK only.
The fees on this page are for the period 2019-20. More detailed information about the fees is available in our fees brochure, which can be downloaded using the fees brochure link.
- International Centre (IC), International English Language Provider (IELP), Online, Blended and Distance Learning (ODBL) Schemes: £2450 (£500 non-refundable application fee plus £1950 inspection management fee)
- Independent Higher Education Scheme: £3050 (£500 non-refundable application fee plus £2550 inspection management fee)
- All full inspections for IC, IELP and ODBL schemes e.g, full accreditation or re-accreditation: This is a variable fee depending on the number of days and inspectors required. The fees start at £1150 per inspector per day
- All full inspections for the IHE Scheme e.g full accreditation or re-accreditation: This is a variable fee depending on the number of days and inspectors required. The fees start at £3280 for two inspectors for one day
- Supplementary international inspection: £1,700 plus travel/accommodation
- International Interim inspection: £1,700 plus travel/accommodation
- Spot check: £900 (no fee if institution selected at random for routine quality monitoring)
- Cancellation of inspection with less than four weeks’ notice: £100 per inspector per day (plus any expenses already incurred)
- Appeal hearing: £1,500 (to be refunded if appeal is not dismissed)
Other BAC fees
Notes on fees:
- The annual accreditation fee is payable by all accredited institutions and approved candidates for accreditation.
- A pro-rata accreditation fee is payable by institutions awarded accreditation or approved as candidates for accreditation during the year.
- There is a nominal fee for replacement of certificates.
- Fees are subject to possible change every September.
- Up to 2,000 course days: £2652.25
- 2,001 – 4,000 course days: £3996.40
- Over 4,000 course days: £5067.60
International English Language Provider
- Less than 55,000 student hours / Up to 3,000 student weeks, per annum: £2575
- 55,000 – 110,000 student hours / Up to 6,000 student weeks, per annum: £3880
- 110,000+ student hours / Over 6,000 student weeks, per annum: £4920
Online, distance and blended learning providers
- Up to 3000 enrolled students: £1590
- 3001-8000 enrolled students: £2652.25
- Over 8000 enrolled students: £3395
Independent Higher Education institutions
- Unit fee (£ per FTE student): £14.85
- Minimum annual fee cap: £1485
- Maximum annual fee cap: £5197.50