The overeas application, inspection and annual accreditation fees are listed on this page.
The fees on this page for for the 2018/19 fees. More detailed information about the fees is available in our fees brochure, which can be downloaded using the fees brochure link.
- International Centre (IC), International English Language Provider (IELP), Online, Blended and Distance Learning (ODBL) and Independent Higher Education (IHE) Schemes: £4,250 (£500 non-refundable application fee plus £3,750 inspection management fee)
- All full inspections for IC, IELP and ODBL schemes e.g, full accreditation or re-accreditation: This is a variable fee depending on the number of days and inspectors required. The fees start at £1,000 per inspector per day
- All full inspections for the IHE Scheme e.g full accreditation or re-accreditation: This is a variable fee depending on the number of days and inspectors required. The fees start at £2,760 for two inspectors for one day
- Supplementary international inspection: £1,700 plus travel/accommodation
- International Interim visit: £1,700 plus travel/accommodation
- Spot check: £900 (no fee if institution selected at random for routine quality monitoring)
- Cancellation of inspection with less than four weeks’ notice: £100 per inspector per day (plus any expenses already incurred)
- Appeal hearing: £1,500 (to be refunded if appeal is not dismissed)
Other BAC fees
Notes on fees:
- The annual accreditation fee is payable by all accredited institutions and approved candidates for accreditation.
- A pro-rata accreditation fee is payable by institutions awarded accreditation or approved as candidates for accreditation during the year.
- There is a nominal fee for replacement of certificates.
- Fees are subject to possible change every September.
- Up to 2,000: £2,575
- 2,001 – 4,000: £3,880
- Over 4,000: £4,920
International English Language Provider
- Up to 3,000: £2,575
- 3,001 – 5,000: £3,880
- Over 5,000: £4,920
Online, distance and blended learning providers
- Minimum annual fee cap (1-1000 enrolled students): £1500
- Up to 3000 enrolled students: £2,575
- 3001-5000 enrolled students: £3,880
- Over 5,000 enrolled students: £4,920
Independent Higher Education institutions
- Unit fee (£ per FTE student): £14.42
- Minimum annual fee cap: £1,442
- Maximum annual fee cap: £5,050