The UK application, inspection and annual accreditation fees are listed on this page. For overseas fees please contact the BAC office.
The fees on this page are correct as of 1 September 2017. More detailed information about the fees is available in our fees brochure, which can be downloaded using the following fees brochure link Fees Brochure
- New institution: £2150 (£500 non-refundable application fee plus £1650 deposit against first inspection)
- Accredited institutions: £1650 (deposit against re-accreditation inspection)
- All full inspections e.g Candidacy, Stage 3, full accreditation or re-accreditation: £1650 plus £450 per inspector per day
- Stage 3 inspection – discount of £500 will be applied to above fees, if inspection is conducted within 6 months
- Supplementary inspection (full day): £800
- Supplementary inspection (half day): £500
- Interim visit: No charge
- Spot check: £800 (no fee if institution selected at random for routine quality monitoring)
- Cancellation of inspection with less than four weeks’ notice: £100 per inspector per day (plus any expenses already incurred)
- Appeal hearing: £1500 (to be refunded if appeal not dismissed)
Notes on fees:
- The annual accreditation fee is payable by all accredited institutions and approved candidates for accreditation.
- A pro-rata accreditation fee is payable by institutions awarded accreditation or approved as candidates for accreditation during the year.
- There is a nominal fee for replacement of certificates.
- Fees are subject to possible change every September.
Colleges and Independent HE institutions
- Unit fee (£ per FTE student): £14
- Minimum annual fee cap: £1400
- Maximum annual fee cap: £8000
Short course providers (UK only)
- Unit fee (£ per course day): £16
- Minimum annual fee cap: £400
- Maximum annual fee cap: £3750
Short course providers (UK and international provision)
UK provision charged as above, with additional surcharge for international delivery of:
- Up to 499 course days delivered outside of the UK: £500
- 500 or more course days delivered outside of the UK: £1000
Online, distance and blended learning providers
- Minimum annual fee cap (1-1000 enrolled students): £1500
- 1001-4000 enrolled students: £2000
- 4001-8000 enrolled students: £2600
- Maximum annual fee (over 8,000 enrolled students): £3200